Recognised as the premier organisation for the specialty practice of infusion nursing, the Infusion Nurses Society (INS) understands the significance of the Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice (the Standards) in relation to the delivery of safe patient care. Developing and disseminating Standards is one of the pillars of INS’ mission to provide a framework and guide safe practice to ensure the best patient outcomes.
Join us as we identify the updates in the 2021 Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice via recording by Lisa Gorski. Gillian Ray-Barruel, RN, PhD, MACN, Senior Research Fellow (AVATAR group), and Reviewer of the Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice, will join Lisa for a live Q&A session.
- Identify recommendations for reducing the risk of infection.
- Discuss recommendations for vascular access device (VAD) site care and dressing management.
- Explain recommendations for reducing the risk of VAD-related skin injury.
- Differentiate among different types of VAD securement.
- Discuss issues associated with needleless connectors.
Lisa Gorski has more than 30 years experience as a clinical nurse specialist (CNS); developing and providing infusion-related education to home care nurses and patients. She is the author of several books and more than 70 book chapters and journal articles on infusion therapies. Lisa is the current chair of INS Standards of Practice Committee.