Thank you for presenting at the 2018 ACIPC International Conference
Please check the online program to re-confirm the day, time and room of your presentation. Whilst we don’t anticipate any changes please check the program again prior to your session.
Below are some tips to assist you. Most importantly, please ensure you start and finish your presentation on time.
Before the Session
- Please bring your presentation files to the conference on a USB (Embed any content such as audio or videos – don’t link to external files).
- Visit the Speaker’s Preparation Room located in Meeting Room M7, Level 1 of the Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre at least 2 hours prior to your session. This will allow you and the technicians to identify any potential issues. The registration staff will be able to direct you to the Speaker’s Preparation Room if required.
- The presentation computers use PowerPoint with Windows operating system. As a backup, we suggest you bring your laptop if you use a Mac or require a specific or uncommon program. This should be coordinated in advance and any approved laptop/device must be presented to the in-room technician on your arrival at the conference.
- Please ensure your PowerPoint presentations are in 16:9 aspect as 4:3 aspect (square) presentations will not fill the venue’s screens.
- Abstracts will be available on the conference website and in the conference app. We will be emailing App download instructions to all delegates prior to the conference.
- Please note that you are required to list any disclosures in the 1st slide of your oral presentation. If you have no disclosures or conflicts, this must still be stated.
- The conference will seek your consent to post your presentation slides to the conference website following the event, you will receive an email following the conference with a link which will allow you indicate your consent online.
During the Session
- Please go to your room 10 minutes prior to the commencement of your session to meet the session chair and familiarise yourself with the room.
- A technician in your room will assist you and trouble shoot technical issues in the unlikely event these arise.
- Please sit in the front row so you can move to the lectern quickly when introduced by the Session Chair.
- The length of your presentation is noted in the program. Please keep a strict eye on the time. Your allocated session length includes time for questions. We do not want to embarrass you however the session chairs have been instructed to end all presentations after the allocated time, even if you are not finished, in order to keep the program to time.
- An electronic timer will be positioned at the lectern for all presenters. Please set this timer at the commencement of your presentation so you may keep track of your presentation time.
- At the end of your allocated time, the chair will ring a bell for you to conclude immediately.
- The chair will only be able to ask questions if you have finished in time.
- At the conclusion of the session any remaining time will be used for questions and discussion.
- The conference hashtag is #ACIPC18. If you use Twitter, please feel free to use this to promote your presentation and enhance dissemination.
- If you have any queries, please direct these to the registration desk during the conference, or email email@example.com prior to the conference.